Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Web Conference

I have found the Web Conference site to be super interesting.  It is really cool to me seeing how other teachers integrate technology into their classrooms.  For this assignment I watched a conference hat showed how two teachers that met through social media worked together to combine their two clasrooms over the internet.  They worked together and had lesson plans that they had their students work on together.  I hadn't even thought about using Skype in the classroom in that manner!   The two teachers also talked about how they had learned so much while trying to introduce these types of media to their students and how every time they have a new class things change so much.  I think that it is so fun and interesting because when I was in school we had a class from the other side of the country that we were Pen-Pals with.  This is the new generations version of pen pals, and its even better because the communication is in real time.  I think that finding new and exciting ways to teach kids how to use these media devices responsibly is such a great idea and after watching that conference I have been pretty excited to sit back down to watch another one to see what other cool ideas have been put into use recently!



No comments:

Post a Comment