Friday, August 30, 2013

Jill Puchacz; 'The Call'

So a few nights ago I was laying in bed when I got a text from the teacher that I did a Long Term Substitute position for last year asking if I could talk.  I was pretty tired and it was super late so I asked if it was important and she said, "No, just give me a call tomorrow."
So the next day it was about 830 in the morning when I got a call.  I was going to wait until 9 to call her as I just figured that would be a good time, but she had different plans I guess.  The call went something like this... "I got a job and I was wondering if you already got a teaching job as well, because if not I am going to let the ladies in the office know that you are available if you are interested."  My response internally and externally were two very different things.  I am pretty sure I was cool calm and collected and responded with a, "Congratulations! And, No I don't yet have a job.  I would be very interested in the job."   Inside I think I sounded a little bit like a balloon when you are letting the air out and you pinch and stretch the neck at the same time... that high pitched squealing sound. 

So for right now that is all... I am really a teacher now with my own classroom, mailbox, parking spot, and roster!


2 comments:

  1. yayaya!!! Congratulations you amazing woman you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! Definitely enjoyed the balloon analogy. A thousand congratulations. There isn't anyone more capable or deserving of this opportunity than you. I know the transition to your new job, and subsequently, new chapter of your life will be seamless and exciting. Congrats again and know that I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete